Lanis EP is an ultra-pure, pharmaceutical-grade anhydrous lanolin that conforms to the most recent edition of the European Pharmacopoeia (Ph Eur). Anhydrous lanolin is essentially water-free wool wax that contains less than 0.25 per cent by weight of water (w/w). It’s produced by refining and bleaching lanolin obtained in the wool-washing process. It is chemically similar to lanolin oil, the liquid fraction of lanolin, and is used as a water-absorbable ointment base. It also forms stable water-in-oil (w/o) emulsions when water is added, giving hydrous lanolin (which contains 25 per cent w/w).
- Lanis EP is yellow with a slight, pleasant odour. It gives creams an ointment-like, rich texture, working as an emollient, skin softening, moisturising and conditioning agent. Because it’s absorbed easily by the skin, it’s an effective vehicle for active substances. It can be used in skincare preparations for both adults and babies, as well as in sunscreen, colour cosmetics, hair care, shaving and soap products. Lanis EP also has pharmaceutical applications in products such as ointments, liniments, creams and lotions.
Fosfat 35, or lard oil, consists chiefly of olein that is extracted from lard and used especially as a lubricant, cutting oil or animal oil.
- Fosfat 35 is widely used by the automotive industry and in leather applications. It’s not suitable for human consumption.
HMT (Home Melt Tallow)
Pure, clarified, partially bleached and deodorised beef fat, produced by low-temperature extraction from fresh or freshly frozen fats. All raw materials used in the manufacture of this product are derived from healthy bovine animals slaughtered for human consumption in EEC-approved meat processing plants.
This product is not suitable for food applications.
Lanis CR (Technical)
Lanis Tech CR is a mixture of lanolin fatty acids and esters, produced through alkaline fission of wool grease and subsequent acidification. Made from renewable, natural material, Lanis Tech CR is a biodegradable ingredient for a wide range of technical applications. Lanis Tech CR is a medium- to dark-brownish, waxy solid with characteristic odour. It’s soluble in organic solvents like mineral oils, petrol, toluene and alcohols.
Leather chemicals, lubricant greases, metal coatings, cutting oils, anti-corrosion agents and many others.
Lanis Tech FA 15
Lanis Tech FA 15 is generated as a by-product in the refining process of wool grease, in order to produce pharmaceutical and cosmetic grade lanolin anhydrous or lanolin alcohol. It’s a component of metal soap, which shows strong oil binding ability. It has a dark brown, paste-like appearance with characteristic odour.
- Widely used for lubricants, fluid and solid polishing compounds, leather fattening agents or anti-corrosion agents.
This has a tighter specification than FA 25.
Lanis Tech FA 25
Lanis FA 25 is a mixture of lanolin fatty acids, lanolin alcohols and esters, obtained in the processing of wool grease. Made from a renewable, natural raw material, it's a biodegradable ingredient for a wide range of technical applications. Lanis FA 25 is a brownish, unctuous, semi-solid substance with characteristic odour. It’s soluble in organic solvents like mineral oils, petrol, toluene and alcohols.
- Lanis FA 25 is used in various technical formulations, providing emulsifying, fattening, oil-binding and rust-inhibiting properties.
- Applications include leather chemicals, lubricant greases, metal coatings, cutting oils, anti-corrosion agents and many others.
This is a broader specification product than FA 15.
Wool Grease Neutral
This crude product is a dark, highly viscous paste with a distinct sheep-like odour.
Wool Grease Neutral is refined to produce lanolin and a variety of lanolin derivatives, such as lanolin alcohol, lanolin oil, lanolin fatty acid or ethoxylated lanolin. All of these substances share exceptionally good emulsifying and emollient properties. They are widely used as moisturising ingredients in cosmetic and medical formulations, particularly skin and hair care products.
Wool Grease Neutral has a range of technical applications, such as anti-corrosive coatings, lubricant additives, industrial adhesive tapes, metal cutting oils, or leather treatment products. In addition, this ecologically friendly and completely biodegradable substance can be used as a mineral oil substitute.